Next Step Initiative is committed to being the leading African-Focused charitable organisation working in partnership with the African Communities/other partners in Scotland to build healthy, productive and sustainable African Communities and lives and to be a leading voice in addressing African Development and policy issues in Scotland.
The Next Step Initiative works to empower, improve and transform the quality of life of the deprived and less engaged African Communities in Scotland
Next Step Initiative seeks to achieve its mission through following strategic goals:
- To provide vibrant, contemporary and visionary training, capacity building and skills development programme, using community and digital media and African Music/Arts as a meaningful and stimulating medium to increase the chances of both young people and adults within the African communities in Glasgow and Scotland, facilitating their progress into employment, education or training, using innovative ways of attracting into learning people who have been disillusioned by early educational experience or who face barriers to learning because of social, cultural, caring or financial barriers, as a result of them integrating in a new society. –
- Provide a platform where different African community organisations and individuals in Scotland can share model of good practice and learning as a stimulus to avoid duplication and to encourage growth and development within the African communities in Scotland;
- Serve as a platform to challenge discrimination and marginalisation of people of African heritage while creating and raising awareness of the different problems they face;
- Serve as a platform that promotes and maintains a positive image of African communities in Scotland and thus helping toward their effective integration into Scottish society;
- Serve as a platform that builds the capacity of Africans and African organisations and communities in Scotland taking into account the socio-cultural challenges of both the African communities and the host community;
- Serve as a platform that recognises and celebrates the contribution of African individuals and organisations within Scotland;
- To encourage and advance active citizenships in all sections of the community through making and presenting of radio and music programmes.