Afro-Caribbean Good Life Environmental Initiative
About The Project
The Afro-Caribbean Good Life Environmental Initiative will address the issue of lack of awareness of climate change among the African and Caribbean in Glasgow and West of Scotland.
1. Reduction of carbon emissions of 300 African and Caribbean household around Glasgow and West of Scotland over the 2 years by 455 tonnesCo2e (lifetime), by receiving home energy advice visits to help them lower energy usage in their homes.
2. We will reduce emissions from 140 African and Caribbean households by 301 tonnes (lifetime) by operating a swap-shop for textiles in Glasgow to reduce clothes going to landfill and new items being purchased.
3. Improve community sustainability and legacy by training 20 climate champions and raising awareness to 300 community members on climate change, energy saving, and efficiency.
4. 20 volunteers will gain new skills in repairing and up-cycling of clothing and home energy efficiency measures potentially leading to employment opportunities.
We plan to accomplish the above outcome by delivering the following services;
1. Workshops on climate change, energy efficiency, and recycling
2. Broadcast through ABCI Media (Radio & TV) a weekly programme on climate change.
3. Outreach & Engagement with community groups
4. Home visit, energy advice, and consultation
5. Training of community champions
6. Monthly swaps and recycle event (to donate, exchange or take clothes, and other household necessities.
7. Monthly African Fashion Workshops: clothes design, repair, and alterations
8. Develop a video about the project learning where community members will talk to inspire other members about how they learn and benefit from the project.
How to Get Involved
Please contact the development officers;
George Tah Meh: email@example.com
SM Sanyang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oluimide Fadeyibi: olumide@nextstepinitiative
Or Go to our website on www.taglei.org.uk